Saturday 28 July 2018

Personal Work: Lilith, and Photoshop Improvement


I'd been wanting to sit down and do a full digital painting for some time, both to practice and see if there was any noticeable improvement from previous paintings. My friends and I have been planning to play D&D together, so I decided to make my subject for this painting my tiefling druid, Lily. The painting is based off a drawing I scanned from my sketchbook, then drew over in photoshop before painting over the sketch.


Comparisons with old work:
Old work 2014/2015
Most recent work.
By far one of my biggest struggles is to continue with work when I feel it doesn't look how I imagined it would. It's important for me to look back on old pieces to see how my art has changed and improved, as it motivates me to keep going. The pieces from 2014/2015 are two of my first ever attempts at using photoshop. 

I would like to attempt both the old pieces again, drawing and painting the same characters with similar colour schemes. One day I may even return to the Lily piece or "Beyond the Sea" and create more work I'm even more proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment