Thursday 26 July 2018

Minor/Major Project: Bukavac - Head Redesign


Overall there were a few things about the Bukavac that I was unhappy with, mainly the horns, so I went back to my design and sketched out some more ideas regarding eyes, teeth and horns.


My main reason for wanting to change the teeth was a change in killing method. The Bukavac is said to strangle its victims, hence why I gave it long fingers at the front, but after some thought I imagined the Bukavac could be improved by making it strangle its victims with its tongue, before consuming them whole like a snake.


In order for the Bukavac to swallow its prey, the two long teeth in the middle would have to go, so I sketched some versions with different teeth. I prefer them shorter and only potruding from the bottom lip (2 and 3). 
The original eye shape also didn't feel right to me, whilst the new sketches fit much better.

The Bukavac's "gnarled" horns originally felt rushed and more "random" than gnarled. I went back and looked at goat and ibex horns, as well as tree roots and gnarled trunks. These designs feel more fitting with the description of the Bukavac.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! updates! I'm all excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 3 for the more lizard like eyes and 2 for the horns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 3 for the eyes and 1 and 2 for the horns :) they're looking great! :DD

    ReplyDelete