Monday 22 October 2018

Minor/Major Project: The Jersey Devil - Studies and Initial Ideas

Initial influence map.
My initial influence map focuses heavily on the "demonic" or "devil-ish" aspect of the Jersey Devil, but since then I've wanted to look more into the "kangaroo-like" descriptions of the creature.

Goat and kangaroo head studies.
 Most notably, the Jersey Devil is described as having "clawed hands", which in my mind match those of a kangaroo. With this it seemed best to look at the similarities between goats and kangaroos, and consider how the two animals can be combined to create the Jersey Devil. In terms of facial structure, the animals already resemble each other (dependent on goat breed).
For the lower half of the body, I feel the leg structure can be combined quite easily, though I will need to look more into making the hooves work for the Devil to walk and hop on. 


Kangaroo and goat leg studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment