- A large factory filled with fortune teller machines, each one with a glowing crystal ball balanced on a see-saw like device.
- The crystal balls tilt back and forth; tilting all the way to the left for good fortune, and all the way to right for bad.
- One crystal tilts all the way to the right, the machine lights up red, and the mechanical fortune teller inside stops functioning.
- The fortune teller running the factory (also mechanical) approaches the machine and removes the crystal ball. Looking into it, she can see a man lying in a hospital bed.
- Approaching a larger see-saw device, she places the crystal ball in the center and watches as it once again tilts all the way to the right.
- She picks it up, and removes her plastic face, revealing the mechanical skeleton-like one underneath. Looking at the ball, the already dimming light fades completely, turning black.
- She replaces her plastic face, cradles the ball in both hands until it begins to glow again. Looking into it, she can see a baby.
- She places the crystal ball back in the fortune teller machine, which restarts, and the crystal ball goes back to tilting.
Sunday, 17 January 2016
@Phil - From Script to Screen: Story Idea #3
After some thought and reading over suggestions from Phil, I have thought of another story idea: